Teens Covered for the Lord

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Teens Covered for the Lord

A forum for teen, preteen, and young adult girls who practice Christian headcovering in accordance with 1 Corinthians 11 to come together.

2 posters

Book writing

Jordyn
    Jordyn

Book writing Empty Book writing

Post  Jordyn Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:22 pm

So, I was wondering, do any of you write books? I do. I am writing one right now called Chrsiten Brown, the Amish Girl Growing Up. It is about an Amish girl names Christen Brown who has just moved to West Virgina. She goes on wild adventures and has to trust God to get her throught school, for she is not going to an Amish one-room school house, but ppublic school.
    Jordyn
    Rachel
    Rachel
    Admin

Book writing Empty Re: Book writing

Post  Rachel Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:33 am

Well... I try. I don't do very well. My sister does better because she can write in a linear order (beginning, middle, and end). I think of events or scenes and write them down, so I have lots of bits of stories but no full stories.

Your story sounds very interesting! I'd like to read it if you finish it. I have just one question: 'Christen Brown' isn't a very Amish name, is it? I understand that most Amish are descended from German immegrants (that's the reason Pennsylvania Dutch is so similar to German), so at the very least, her surname would probably be 'Braun' rather than 'Brown', right?

from Rachel.
    Jordyn
    Jordyn

Post  Jordyn Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:31 pm

I thought about the names and I will have to ask my uncle. He know loads of stuff about the Amish because he has started living an Amish life, well sort of. He is not using almost no electricity, and he uses diesel or kerosean powared things. he has a wringer washer, but he can't use it because they are adding on to their home to make it bigger. they only have 5 rooms and a basement which is like a garage. And that is with two adults a 10 year old, an 8 year old, and a 4 year old. Keep them in your prayers.
    Thank you!
    Jordyn

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:17 pm